Location : Selarang Park (Upper Changi North)
Contract : Immediate for 12 months
Working hours : Mon – Thurs : 8.15am – 5.45pm, Fri : 8.15am to 5.15pm
Job Title Assistant Associate (Careers) – Temporary
Division/ Section Careers@YR
Report To Assistant Director (Careers)
Purpose of Job
To provide job retention support to offenders and ex-offenders placed on work reintegration programmes. To work with key partners (employers, self-help groups, employment-related agencies & etc.) to implement strategies to facilitate offenders securing and retaining their jobs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides job retention support to offenders who participate in various work reintegration programmes via phonecalls.
• Acts as the main contact person between employer, clients and other stakeholders for assigned clients.
• Facilitates all employment-related communication and documentation including:
1. Creating case reports for new cases commencing work using a standard mail merge and case report template.
2. Establishing contact with clients starting work to verify employment information and easing adjustment to their new jobs.
3. Calling clients/ employers monthly to check on work progress and job expectations.
4. Responding to emails from employers and stakeholders with common clients.
5. Updating of call/email log into client’s case report.
6. Updating Reporting Officer of any case that requires complex follow up such as workplace incident/injury, fresh charges to clients, harassment by clients to employers & etc.
7. Arranging interviews for clients who are unemployed or awaiting reemplacement.
8. Monthly maintenance of statistics reporting template.
• Stays updated with employment trends and national skills upgrading initiatives to manage expectations of clients, recommend suitable programmes, and make appropriate referrals for skills upgrading programs2
• Any other task assigned by Reporting Officer
Minimum Education : Diploma Level – salary : $1,811 per month
• Experience in administrative support work and coordination
• Experience in managing casework and/or ex-offenders will be an advantage
• Working knowledge in standard office computer software, e.g. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Able to converse well & problem solve
• Good team player
• Able to multitask
• Able to write well & maintain good staff work