The Cleaning Operations Manager is responsible for providing the overall direction of the organisation within the guidelines set up by the board of directors or a similar governing body. As a systems thinker, he strategizes and directs operational activities and translate organisational goals into achievable steps, anticipates and stays ahead of trends and takes advantage of opportunities. He also mentors the management team as part of succession planning and represents the organisation in meetings with clients, investors and business partners.
He is expected to be at our project sites and build relationships with our clients and work closely with the Cleaning Operations Executive as part of his role.
This requires him to be organised, strategic, adaptable, highly driven and capable of interacting with key stakeholders.
Critical Work Functions:
1. Lead teams
- Develop strategy plans to promote organisation core values
- Manage the professionalism of the staff
- Mentor and lead management staff
- Lead organisational succession planning, capability development and employee engagement
2. Drive business operations
- Drive the overall growth of business and operations
- Drive opportunities to improve market visibility and presence of the organisation
- Lead budget planning for the organisation
- Represent and promote the organisation
- Direct the development and review of operation policies and procedures
3. Manage client relationships
- Collaborate with clients to achieve business goals
- Direct the development and review of strategic plans to improve relationships with clients
4. Manage Incidents
Oversee the conduct and review of contingency plans
Endorse emergency and crisis management response plans, processes and procedures
Provide direction on analysed trends of reported incidents
5. Manage cleaning services
- Coordinate with supervisor and client to ensure quality service delivery (compiling, analysing, development and review of operation plans to improve work procedures and quality service delivery)
- Ensure cleaning teams adhere to safety measures to during cleaning operation
- Assist in budget planning for cleaning operations
- Review daily cleaning job reports for submission to management
- Preparing periodic schedules and all other documentations and ensure all periodic schedules has been enforced and followed up accordingly.
- Covering of manpower if needed (requires you to do hands-on cleaning)
- Recruiting of manpower for projects
- Resolving all matters/ incidents on site
6. Manage inventory, equipment and maintenance schedule
- Stocktake and allocating of equipment and/or technologies and supplies to project sites
- Identify and recommend suitable equipment and/or technologies to improve cleaning operations
- Implement maintenance schedules for tools and equipment
7. Manage cleaning teams
- Facilitating in planning of work schedules, deployment of manpower, effective work processes and capability development of staff
8. Manage incidents
- Guide teams to respond to major incidents/emergencies and reporting it to the management
Any other tasks as assigned by the reporting officer.
• Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, any field.
• At least 7 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Preferably Managers specializing in General Work (Housekeeper, Driver, Dispatch, Messenger, etc) or equivalent.