- Developing the Child Holistically:Child Development
- Apply understanding of how children (birth to age 3) learn and develop.
Curriculum and Pedagogy:
- Assist in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate teaching, learning and caregiving approaches aligned to curriculum frameworks.
- Assist in observation and documentation of children's learning.
- Assist in integrating respectfulness, responsiveness and reciprocity within the curriculum.
- Assist in setting up quality learning environments.
- Interactions and Relationships
- Display sensitivity to each children™s needs (within a group) through respectful, responsiveness and reciprocal interactions and relationships with children.
- Support children's development of secure attachments through warm, consistent and nurturing caregiving.
Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Adhere to health, safety, nutritional and hygiene standards and procedures.
Family and Community Partnerships
- Facilitate the continuity of care and education between the home and centre.
- Engage in partnerships and collaborations with community and stakeholders
Building Professional Capacity:
- Professional Mastery
- Engage in continuous learning and reflective practice.
- Apply emotional competence to manage self at the workplace.
- Professional Values and Ethics
- Commit to uphold the professionalism of the ECCE sector.
Building Organisation Capacity:
- Teamwork and Collaboration- Collaborate with colleagues to foster a positive workplace relation.
- Communicate and relate effectively at the workplace.
- Visioning and Planning- Demonstrate understanding of the center's vision, mission and values
- Minimum Qualifications: Higher Nitec in Early Childhood / Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education (ACECCE)
- Other qualifications as required by ECDA (if applicable