The Life and Health Operations (LHO) department plays a pivotal role in ensuring we provide our customers with affordable and comprehensive life and health products, with efficient processes to allow optimal service to our customers.
As part of the team dedicated to manage IncomeShield claim assessment, your key responsibilities include:
- Processing and assessing all types of IncomeShield claims, with a specific focus on outpatient claims.
- Assessing policy liability, investigating claims, determining the claim amount payable based on Income’s policy cover and management guidelines.
- Compile, analyse and submit claims reports as and when required.
- To also prepare report on claims cases to be escalated to management and present cases at committee meetings.
- Manage enquiries and complaints from claimants, including liaison with intermediaries and hospitals.
- Lead a team of clerical staff and provide guidance as well as support to them when necessary.
- Undertake any other duties or projects assigned by the Supervisor or Head of Section.
- Obtained a Diploma or Degree in any field.
- Certified in Health Insurance (HI).
- Have at least 2 years of individual claims experience.
- Experience in Shield claim processing and assessment will be an advantage.
- Ability to professionally manage insurance claims enquiry and negotiations.
- Good analytical skills, meticulous with a flair for numbers to handle complex computations.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Experience in leading a team preferable.