- To provide effective physiotherapy assessment and treatment for residents in the nursing home under the guidance of therapists.
- To conduct therapy activities and assist therapist in therapy intervention.
- To communicate with residents and to promote and motivate them to maximize their functions.
- To maintain good communication with all members within the multidisciplinary team.
- To work well in the rehabilitation team, ensuring feedback and communication through active participation in formal and informal discussion.
- To assist the therapist to supervise and train the therapy assistants (TAs) and volunteers helping in relevant areas.
- To participate in clinical case discussion, including patient review meeting with other multidisciplinary team members.
- To ensure work and resident safety at all therapy areas.
- To prepare venue and equipment for therapy activities and tidy up after.
- To assist therapist in statistics collection and submission of monthly reports.
- To provide input and support in work group meeting to enhance quality care to the residents.
- To support in filing and other office work in the nursing home.
- To maintain and clean equipment.
- To help with the inventory and safe-keeping of therapy items and equipment.
- To support in gym, ward and community rehabilitation scheduling.
- To assist housekeeping staff in keeping the department clean and tidy
- To clean and sterilize therapy equipment daily
Education and Training
- To participate and take on ownership of his/her Individual training plan
- To participate in departmental in-service training and other external relevant training
- Assist in identifying problem areas, recommend and implement improvements in within the department and the centre
- Perform other duties as assigned by therapist in-charge and Head of Allied Health for the department and the centre
- Relevant Degree in Health Science (Occupational Therapy/ Physiotherapy)
- Had experiences working in other Intermediate long term care sectors or relevant working experiences working with the elderly or disabled.
- He/she must enjoy working with elderly clients or residents and/or people with disabilities in center based or residential care setting.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required and the ability to converse in major dialects is an advantage.
- Physical fit to carry out effective physiotherapy intervention and assessment, e.g. transfer and functional activities assessment and training