- Basic maintenance of potted plants such as watering, pruning, fertilising, mulching, weeding, etc.
- Taking care of seedlings for transplanting into potted plants in the school premise.
- Carrying out plant transplanting as and when required for potted plants to be used indoor and outdoor.
- Monitoring the health of all potted plants.
- Dealing with possible pest problems that could damage potted plants and seedlings.
- Supporting teachers in creating portable vegepods container gardening beds in the cultivation of vegetables and herbs for teaching and learning.
Contract Duration: 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022
Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00am to 5:30pm, (inclusive of 1 hour lunch break) Fridays: 8.00am to 5.00pm, inclusive of 1 hour lunch break.
Services are not required on Saturdays, Sundays and gazetted public holidays
Location: Near Punggol Interchange
i. Vegetation planting
- Plant out into garden beds
- Provide aftercare and maintenance to garden
- Mulch and add organic matter to garden bed
ii. Plant Health Management and Disease Control
- Recognise the presence of pests and diseases on plants
- Recognise common invasive and noxious plant species
- Perform tasks to control the spread of pests and diseases
iii. Plant Pruning
- Inspect plants prior to pruning
- Prepare for pruning work activities
- Perform routine pruning under supervision